Listed below are training and education opportunities related to the youth firesetting intervention and behavior. Use the links provided to find additional details for each offering or resource.
If you have information that you would like to have listed, please submit it through the "Contact Us" button on the home page of the YFIRES web site.
January 8, 2019 - 9 am to 4 pm -
Juvenile Firesetting: Best Practice Standards for Assessment and Intervention Planning
- This program reviews the research literature on typologies of firesetting among children and adolescents, and presents professional practice guidelines and principles for the clinical assessment firesetting from naïve experimentation through planned setting of fires to inflict damage to property and/or harm to persons
Assessment of Adult Firesetting: Emerging Principles and Practice
- This workshop will describe emerging firesetting risk assessment modeling and practices that are grounded in the latest theoretical and professional literature and will provide opportunity for live fire history interviewing and use of structured interview tools.
January 9, 2019 - 9 am to 4 pm
Adult Firesetting: Emerging Theory and Treatment Model
- This training will cover theoretical explanations of firesetting, primary treatment needs and risk assessment guidelines, and treatment of firesetting in specialized populations.
National Fire Academy Courses on Youth Firesetting Prevention & Intervention - On-Campus and Field Delivery Courses
- 6 Day, On-Campus in Emitsburg, Maryland - "Intervention Specialist/Program Manager" - CLICK HERE
- 2 Day, Off-Campus (see listings) - "Intervention Specialist" Only - CLICK HERE
- 2 Day, Off-Campus (see listings) - "Program Manager" Only - CLICK HERE
International Association of Arson Investigators - On-Line Training Courses
Vision 20/20 - On-Line Training Courses